Back to LMS integration
Please contact us at email@example.com to help you integrate Accepi.
Log in directly on the Accepi website (not through the LMS), create a new course and choose the "LMS LTI 1.1" access type on the course page. Leave this window open and log into your LMS in a different window or tab. Add a new content link or assignment and copy and paste the information from the course page: the consumer key and shared secret, and either the launch or the configuration URL.
An administrator has to add Accepi as an external tool:
- On the Accepi website, create a new course or navigate to the course that you want to integrate into Brightspace (Note: Do not change the integration method while a course is in progress, or all student data will be recorded and reported separately for the two integration methods)
- For the course that you want to integrate, please change the access type to "LMS LTI 1.1"
- Log into Brightspace as an administrator
- From the Admin Tools menu (the gear icon), click External Learning Tools
- Click the Manage Tool Providers tab
- Click New Tool Provider
- In the Launch Point field, enter "accepi.com/launch"
- In the Version field, choose "1.1"
- In the OAuth Signature Method field, choose "HMAC-SHA1"
- In the Secret field, enter the shared secret from the Accepi course page
- Check the "Use custom tool consumer information instead of default" check box and enter the consumer key from the Accepi course page
- Under Security Settings, check the boxes for tool consumer information, context information, course information, LTI user ID and role, user name, and system role
- Under "Make tool provider available to:" click on the "Add Org Units" button" and select the courses that are allowed to use Accepi.
- Click Save
The instructor can then integrate Accepi into their Brightspace course:
- Logged into Brightspace, go to your course
- Click on "Content" on the main navigation menu
- Click on the “Add Existing Activities” button
- Click on the “External Learning Tools” menu item
- Select "Create New LTI Link"
- Enter a name, e.g., homework or Accepi, and "https://accepi.com/launch" as the LTI URL
- Click "Create and Insert"
- Return to the assignments list and locate the assignment you just created and click on it
- Scroll down to the Activity Details box at the bottom of the page. Under the heading "Assessment", click "Add a grade item"
- Click the "+" button, add a name and set a point value (100 is good)
- Click on "Create" at the bottom, then the blue "Save" button
- Return to the assignments list and locate the assignment you just created. Click the small arrow next to the assignment title and select "Edit properties in-place"
- Check the box labeled "Open as External Resource"
- Click on "Update"