Information we collect
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as your name and email address,
- Unique identifiers such as your student ID and password,
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as payment history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons, or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
How we use your information
We use this information to:
- Deliver the service
- Send you a payment confirmation
- Send you requested service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
How we share information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Accepi or its corporate parent is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
How we keep your data secure
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our website, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Correcting and updating your personal information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of privacy statement changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective on March 9, 2013.